If water is leaking into or flooding your basement, the health and safety of your family and home could be at risk. Stop leaking water in its tracks with a reliable interior basement drainage system, AquaStop BasementGutter™ from the professionals at Peak Structural.
How AquaStop BasementGutter™ Works
- A professionally installed interior drainage system works around the clock to keep your basement dry without you having to see a thing. Our installers at Peak begin by excavating some of your basement floor to create a trench in which to place the drainage system.
- Weep holes are then drilled into the bottom course of the wall to allow water to drain from the walls and into the AquaStop BasementGutter™ system, as well as help alleviate hydrostatic pressure.
- Sections of the AquaStop BasementGutter™ drains are placed in the trench, which is atop the footing and out of the mud zone. In the trench, the system is also surrounded by stone to keep the drains clean and provide a backer for the concrete.
- The drainage channels are connected to one another, as well as to a sump pump system that will collect water drained from AquaStop BasementGutter™.
- Cement is poured in the areas of installation to conceal AquaStop BasementGutter™ in the sub-floor. The only visible piece of the system is the top of the wall flange.
Why AquaStop BasementGutter™ is a Superior Basement Waterproofing Solution
- Nearly invisible when installed
- Durable rugged plastic construction resists corrosion and decay
- Anti-clog design
- Sits atop the footing and out of mud
- 3/8” wall flange accepts wall seepage
- Collects leaking water from the walls, floor, cove joint
- Fully compatible with our other solutions including sump pumps and wall vapor barrier
- Quick installation
More effective, less expensive than exterior drainage systems
Signs Your Home Needs an Interior Drainage System
Having leaking basement walls is a major reason why you need a reliable interior drainage system to catch and redirect the water. Water often seeps inside through cracks, gaps, holes, or the pores of your concrete walls. Walls can appear wet and have stains, as well as a powdery white substance known as efflorescence.
Wet Floor or Flooding
Similarly, water can leak inside the floor as well as the cove joint (where the wall and floor meet). Water can collect in puddles on the floor or even result in larger scale flooding.
Mold and Musty Odors
Mold can form wherever there is water, excess humidity, and organic material. If you see mold in your basement or other areas of your home or detect musty odors that can be emitted by mold, you may have a problem with water in your basement.
Yes, interior drains are worth installing in your basement. While Colorado tends to be drier, sometimes all it takes is one instance of rainfall or snowmelt to result in a wet basement. Keeping water away from your stored possessions, electrical outlets and appliances, and structural supports is important in maintaining your home’s health and safety. You may not need an interior drainage system often, but when water threatens your home, you’ll be glad it’s there to protect it.
While many home improvement projects are perfectly fine to take on yourself, basement waterproofing is not a DIY installation. Your basement can be both a delicate and dangerous place, and it is best to leave the interior drainage system installation to professionals. At Peak Structural, our team is highly trained to recognize signs of water intrusion and install the reliable AquaStop BasementGutter™ interior drainage system, which is only available through us. The best way to get started with basement waterproofing is to schedule a free inspection with our experts.
The cost of your interior drainage system can vary depending on a lot of factors. These include the size of your basement and amount of material needed, the extent of damage, and if other solutions are installed at the same time. To find out how much an interior drainage system for your basement will cost, contact us for a free inspection. One of our experienced professionals will visit your home at no cost to you, complete a thorough evaluation, recommend customized solutions for your home, and provide you with a no-obligation quote for repairs.
Call Us for a Free Basement Waterproofing Inspection
Water in your basement is a health and safety hazard that impacts your family and overall living environment. You don’t have to deal with mold, musty smells, or damaged belongings. Coupled with a durable sump pump, our the AquaStop BasementGutter™ interior drainage system will help keep your basement dry and your home safe.
We are proud to serve homeowners like you throughout Denver, Colorado Springs, and Grand Junction. Start your basement repair journey today by contacting our friendly and experienced team at Peak Structural to schedule your FREE basement waterproofing inspection.