Basement flooding, mold, musty smells, and nasty pests all make your Colorado basement an uninviting space. You might feel like your basement is managing you instead of the other way around.
But with a basement waterproofing system, you can prevent flooding disasters in your basement, threefold.
The AquaStop Triple Sump Pump is a submersible water management system that stays on guard 24/7 to ensure your basement is a dry, clean space. Learn more about this reliable system and if it’s right for you.
How the AquaStop Triple Sump Pump System Works
- The AquaStop Triple Sump Pump is designed to work in tandem with an interior drainage system. An interior drainage system like BasementGutter™ will collect water leaking in or around your basement and direct it to the sump pump.
- A pressure sensor within your sump pump will sense when the water pressure is rising, bracing it to pump away gallons of water.
- As water fills the sump pit, a float switch triggers the device to start pumping water out through a discharge line. The AquaStop pump will siphon the water out of and away from your home, draining it at a safe distance.
Why Would a House Need A 3-Tier Sump Pump System?
You may be wondering why having triple the power is necessary for a sump pump. The truth is, you may never need to use a triple sump pump. But when you do need it, you will really need it. Each level of the sump pump is designed to act as a failsafe in case your sump pump fails, malfunctions, or your power goes out. Here’s what each tier of the sump pump brings to the table.
- Pump 1 is a heavy-duty cast-iron pump. This is your basement’s first line of defense, with the ability to pump more than 2,000 gallons of water away from your home per hour.
- Pump 2 is a backup sump pump that operates automatically if your first pump fails, clogs, or if greater pumping volume is needed. Without a pump 2, any malfunction to your main pump would put the system completely out of commission until it’s repaired.
- Pump 3 is a battery backup sump pump that turns on automatically if the power fails. Say you have a power outage during a storm, or a grid shutdown, pump 3 would kick in for necessity.
A triple sump pump has a backup system for its backup system. You can sleep soundly knowing that if something malfunctions, your basement will remain in good care.
What Makes Peak’s AquaStop Triple Sump Pump Work So Well?
- Pump built with cast iron for durability and long-term use
- Capacity to pump more than 2,000 gallons when your basement needs it
- Airtight pump cover for child safety and odor deterrent
- Compact, subsurface sump basin to save space
- Built-in alarm to alert you when basin levels rise too high
- Backup battery to protect your home when you need it most
- Comes with a long-term, transferrable warranty
Signs Your Home Needs This Solution
With a sump pump, your home can regulate the waterflow in and around your basement to aid your home and soil in properly draining water. You’re less likely to deal with cracking and leakage because your sump pump is always two steps ahead.
Basement Wall Cracks
When your home lacks any sort of water management system, nature is free to take its toll. Though most of Colorado frequently experiences drought, it only makes your basement more vulnerable to cracks and leaks.
Bentonite clay widely found in Denver, Colorado Springs, and the Pikes Peak region is known to shrink in dry weather, and expand in wet. During the occasional heavy rain, the soil around your foundation will expand and exert pressure on your basement walls. This will lead to major cracks and leakage.
When water has infiltrated into your basement, the dark, dingy, and typically less ventilated space is a breeding ground for mold. You may notice musty odors and black or white substances forming on your walls or windows. Since mold is airborne, you’re likely to also experience heightened allergies or asthma symptoms.
If you suspect mold in your basement, call a professional mold remediation company right away to safely clean your basement. Then, call the experts at Peak Structural to have a sump pump and water management system installed. This will prevent mold from coming back again.
Leaks or Pooling Water
Water intrusion or a flooded basement is the most obvious and alarming sign that you need a water management system in your basement. If you see pools of water on your basement floor, water droplets on your basement walls, condensation on your basement ceiling or windows, you have a leak of some sort in your basement.
A sump pump and interior drainage system actively works to drain water away through a discharge pipe before it has the chance to fester. Paired with a vapor barrier and a dehumidifier, your basement can go from being the dingiest to the driest.
Typically, a lot of poor-quality sump pumps are loud and can cause radon leaks in your basement. At Peak Structural, those concerns are top-of-mind for us. That’s why we have an airtight cover for our submersible sump pumps to fend off sound pollution and potential health scares. You get the water management system without the disruption.
A sump pump should only run when necessary—not around the clock. When a sump pump is working right, you won’t even remember it’s there. If you notice a sump pump running around the clock, call your sump pump maintenance professional.
Sump pumps are always a good investment to have for a basement in case of a water emergency. It pays for itself throughout the years by preventing water damage in your basement. It works with the soil around your home to drain away excess water before it can infiltrate your basement.
Call Peak Structural for A Free Basement Inspection
At Peak Structural, we put people first. When you’ve come to us for a free inspection, it’s because the stress of keeping up with your basement has reached a tipping point. Our experts will do a holistic inspection of your home to find the source of the issue. Then, we’ll offer you a quote for a sump pump installation or other repairs done the right way, once.
We back up our repairs with long-term, transferrable warranties that will help you maintain your peace and home’s value. Get started with us today.